Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, March 1, 2013

Flashback Friday: Big J...little j...what begins with J?






“You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”  - Dr. Seuss

Tomorrow, March 2, is Dr. Seuss's birthday!  In our house, we celebrate all things Suess.  (Before I was Jack's mom, I was an elementary librarian.)  Even before I was pregnant with Jack, I bought just one baby item...a crib sheet covered in Seuss characters (which translated into an awesome Seussical bedroom for our little boy.)  Jack has always had a love of Suess (like his mama); probably because I started reading Seuss books to him in the NICU!  A few of his favorites:  Dr. Seuss's ABC, Ten Apples Up On Top, There's a Wocket in my Pocket, Mr. Brown Can Moo.  My friends and family threw me a Seussian baby shower, a few weeks after Jack's early arrival.  We even had a Seussical first birthday party celebration for Jack.  I'm not sure how we will celebrate tomorrow...maybe some green eggs and a few Seuss read-alouds?  Here's a little flashback of all things Seuss in our family...in pictures.  (I figured the last post was a little "heavy" and needed something a little more fun today!)

That Suess crib sheet

Thing 1.  I wonder if there will ever be a Thing 2?

March 2, 2011 - Jack was 6 months old and still on 24hr O2 support.

We celebrated the Jack's first Seuss birthday with a tube free photo shoot and a little poem, in Seuss-style, of course.
Oh no!  Where'd my O2 go?  
Is it in a box?  Or in my socks?
I do not know.  
What happened to my flow? 

Jack digging into his 1st birthday smash cake (August 2011).

Last year, we celebrated by having "Books with Breakfast" and by wearing his Cat in the Hat shirt.  Jack was 18 months old (March 2012).       
Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment